- Usually the intention on the part of these Officers is not to defraud the Corporation either monetarily or otherwise. It may be because of the following reasons:-
- These officers are on probation & over-enthusiastic to impress.
- To meet some deadline or complete a target.
- To please the senior officers
- Not having the courage to say no to the senior officers.
- To ensure that their reports are excellent.
- For fear of being transferred from the present comfortable location or department.
- The senior officers sometimes issue oral instructions which may be against manual provisions/rules/regulations to their juniors. Many-a-time even their intention is to achieve some target. The junior officers are then caught in a cleft stick whether to follow the superior or follow the book. One would amount to disobedience as they perceive & the other violation of the rules.
Ganesh Kamath, GS, NOINO